Easy methods to migrate Blogger to WordPress in 2023? You’ll study precisely that within the subsequent 5 minutes. I’ve mentioned each single click on with screenshots to information you as finest as attainable.
Oh, you wouldn’t lose any search engine optimisation or rankings both. Sure, this information isn’t nearly migrating however migrating with out dropping your hardwork!
The perfect half? It’s 100% free. I’ve made positive the method stays fully free for you.
I’m guessing should you’re looking the way to migrate blogger to WordPress in 2023, you positively have a WordPress weblog. Simply in case you don’t, right here’s the way to setup a WordPress weblog in minutes.
Let’s get began then?
Allow us to migrate your Blogger to WordPress, 100% free!
On this information, I’ve proven your entire migration course of with screenshots for every step. The whole course of is 100% free, and doesn’t contain any paid plugins/instruments.
Nevertheless, we’re additionally providing a 100% free, automated migration service. Completely no prices by any means.
All you’ve to do is, shoot us a mail at [email protected] and we are going to migrate your Blogger weblog to WordPress totally free.
Though should you’d love to do issues your individual means, maintain studying.
What are you able to migrate utilizing this information?
I keep in mind my first Blogger to WordPress migration. I wasn’t positive which components would get moved and which wouldn’t.
Nicely, let me make this straightforward for you. For those who observe this information, the next content material can be migrated:
- All of your posts
- All the photographs
- Feedback in your blogger weblog.
- Authors (non-compulsory, you possibly can create new authors/use current WP authors).
- TRAFFIC (sure, we ensure you don’t lose most of that arduous earned site visitors or search engine optimisation).
Easy methods to Migrate Blogger to WordPress
Step 1: Export content material out of your Blogger weblog
Earlier than you possibly can import your blogger weblog on WordPress, you in fact have to export it, don’t you?
Luckily, the method is very simple.
- Merely go to your Blogger weblog and click on on the “Settings” tab.
- Within the settings tab, scroll to the “Handle weblog” part, and click on on “Again up content material”.
- A popup would present up, merely click on obtain.
This could obtain all of your posts, photos and every little thing else in a .xml file.
Step 2: Import blogger to WordPress
Now that you’ve your blogger posts, it’s good to import them to WordPress, don’t you?
- Go to your WordPress admin panel, and click on on instruments > import.
- WordPress facilitates switching from Blogger to WordPress by providing a “blogger” choice on the import web page. That is configured to make the method sooner and simpler. Set up the blogger importer.
- As soon as put in, click on the “run importer” button. It seems on the similar web page which you used to put in the importer.
- Lastly, all you’ve bought to do is add the .xml file you downloaded out of your Blogger website earlier.
- The following step will ask you to both create a brand new creator, or assign all posts to an current creator. Do no matter fits your new weblog technique. For those who’re unsure, simply assign all of the posts to an current creator.
You’ve efficiently learnt the way to migrate blogger to WordPress. However, wait! It’s solely the primary half of the equation.
Bonus technique (if the above technique doesn’t work)
Nicely, I’m a plan B sort of individual. Simply in case the tactic listed above doesn’t work, I’ve one other for you.
The issue with this plugin is it’s free plan solely imports 20 posts.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard > plugins > add new > seek for “Blogger imported prolonged” and set up it.
- As soon as put in, click on “Activate”.
- You’ll routinely be taken to your “Put in plugins” web page. For those who aren’t, it’s also possible to manually click on the choice on the left-sidebar. Anyway, discover the plugin on the web page and click on “Run importer”.
- Click on “Run Importer” on the subsequent web page as nicely.
- A brand new window will probably be launched. You possibly can click on on “20 posts totally free” should you’ve bought <20 posts. Or, buy a license.
(Maintain this tab open, we’ll want it later).
- Go to your Blogger weblog on a separate tab and click on on posts. Then, copy the numbers after posts/XXXXXX
- Return to the importer tab you had open and paste this quantity you copied.
- Lastly, simply click on “begin import”.
Finished. It might take a while however as soon as it’s performed, you’ll obtain a “success” message.
Vital issues to do after switching from Blogger to WordPress
Now that you simply’ve dwell on WordPress, it’s good to care for a couple of issues. This could guarantee your earlier site visitors, branding and different features aren’t misplaced within the migration.
- Repair URL buildings
- Redirect site visitors from Blogger posts to similar WordPress posts.
- Set redirects for cellular guests
- Match WP theme together with your blogger theme.
- Set up required plugins
Easy methods to repair URL buildings when switching from Blogger to WP
So, we’ve already coated the precise switch. Let’s cowl the search engine optimisation and site visitors half for now?
What we purpose to do now could be to redirect the Blogger website to your new WordPress website. Sure, with out dropping search engine optimisation juice (most of it, some search engine optimisation rankings are all the time misplaced in a migration and it’s inevitable).
So, should you take a look at any of your Blogger weblog posts, the URL construction can be one thing like this: https://yourdomain.blogspot.com/2023/05/blog-post.html.
We have to get the identical (or a really shut) URL construction for our new hyperlinks. Luckily, you are able to do that in a single click on.
Go to your WordPress dashboard > settings > permalinks. On this web page, choose month and identify.
Redirect site visitors from Blogger posts to similar WordPress posts
This step is fairly essential. Typically while you make the transfer, guests to your outdated Blogger weblog get redirected to your new homepage, and never the precise put up they’re trying to find.
You’re certain to lose a ton of site visitors if somebody clicks on a hyperlink in Google for an article, and lands in your homepage. Not everybody will manually re-search for the article in your web site.
We have to be sure that your guests arrive on the precise put up that they wished to go to in your Blogger weblog.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard > plugins > add new > seek for Blogger to WordPress. (There are lots of with the identical identify, ensure you’re putting in the one by rtCamp).
- Go to Instruments > Blogger to WordPress Redirection > and click on on Begin configuration.
- It can immediately present you a listing of all of the blogs you’ve imported. Click on on the Get code button.
- A code will probably be immediately generated. Copy this.
- Go to your Blogger dashboard > click on on themes > click on change to first technology basic theme.
- A immediate would ask you should you want to create a backup. I’ll advocate making a backup, simply in case. Click on on the backup and change choice.
- Your theme information will probably be downloaded and one other immediate would present up. Merely click on “change”.
- Click on on the “edit HTML” button.
- You’ll see a bunch of code. Don’t panic, no coding required. Merely delete all of this and substitute with the code you copied out of your WordPress website.
- Return to your WordPress website and click on on “confirm configuration”.
Finished. A hyperlink will probably be proven to you. Merely click on on it to confirm that your redirection has been profitable.
Set up a very powerful WordPress plugins
Not like Blogger, WordPress is definitely extensively customizable. You possibly can connect plugins to your WordPress weblog and unlock superpowers.
Now, there are dozens of plugins that enable you obtain many various issues.
To assist with that, I’ve truly compiled extraordinarily detailed lists.
Merely decide your plugins from these lists:
Do’s and don’ts after studying the way to migrate Blogger to WordPress
I’m positive you’ve learnt the way to import Blogger to WordPress. Nevertheless, even after doing every little thing proper, it’s good to make sure you to not something incorrect.
Permit me to deal with a few of these issues chances are you’ll have to be careful for:
#1. Can I delete my Blogger weblog after the migration?
Don’t. Your Blogger weblog has your redirection code. Deleting the weblog would delete this code and the redirection wouldn’t work.
#2. My photos don’t present up on the brand new WordPress website.
This can be a case of improper URL redirection. Nicely, that may be mounted with a single plugin. Merely obtain Velvet Blues Replace URLs. As soon as put in, entry it from the “instruments” choice in your WordPress dashboard. It solely wants two items of data, your outdated Blogger URL and new WP URL. Enter these and your photos will probably be mounted.
#3. Will I retain my search engine optimisation after blogger to WordPress migration?
For those who observe this information, you’ll retain most of your search engine optimisation juice. Nevertheless, do observe that some loss is inevitable however should you do issues proper it may be compensated for in only a few days.
Ultimate phrases: Easy methods to migrate Blogger to WordPress
I’m positive you’ve learnt the way to switch Blogger to WordPress by now. Sure, the method is usually a bit lengthy however it’s price it. Do observe that there are a number of methods a migration could be performed and therefore you could have seen different strategies on different guides.
I’ll nonetheless advocate simply taking pictures us a mail at [email protected]. This can prevent time and from errors.
Anyway, that’s about it. Go make the change and with the precise instruments and efforts, you’ll positively see higher outcomes with WP than Blogger. Oh, don’t neglect to share this piece in your social media eh?